the moon and i
[html]
Word Count ( 0.658 )

That's okay. XD

Another question came into play by the woman. He gave her a brief look of wonderment, of curiosity as if debating whether it was safe to speak much about his birthplace or if he should keep things simple. While usually he would have to shrug things of without comment, Wolfgang wondered to if he could tell her about his home. He loved talking about it, after all, and maybe… just maybe Vesper could be the person he could come to talk to whenever he had worries of the past. He would not tell her the exact location, though. And he would not trust her completely – at least yet – enough to tell the secrets of the royals… or the weaknesses that they held. He inhaled another slow, deep breath. It was a habit of his before he would begin speaking.

“Vorrakess is my birthplace… and my family.” He finally answered, drawling his voice carefully and pronouncing each word as perfectly as he could possibly muster. Though, his thick accent could make some words unclear to those who weren’t used to it. It was husky and deep throated like the human accent of German, but it held a soft, soothing purr alike the French. In the past, his father used to charm ladies just by using his voice and murmuring in their ears. Wolfgang, of course, never learned such technique as ever since his younger age, the new law of abandoning all emotions was put into place. He could no longer smile when happy, or cry when upset… and he was only a boy. And yet, he did not think of it as anything other than normal.

“I lived there until… I came here. Vorrakess is at war with a rogue ‘Kingdom’ called Zheynche. Though the High King says they are only a bunch of childish thieves,” he continued to explain, his lips still parted as if he were going to continue to speak about the home. Instead, he kept quiet and clenched his jaw once more. He did not wish to bore Vesper should she not be interested in hearing more about his – former – Kingdom… even if he, himself, thought of it as interesting and a subject he would talk much about. It was something that got him excited, happy, because it was the only thing he knew of.

His ear flicked and then, pointed forward at her laughter after he called her ‘Miss Vesper’. He didn’t understand why she had laughed, but it was to express happiness, was it not? So, Wolfgang took it as a good thing. With his question, however, her expression that he had questioned was replaced quickly with a frown. That was a look of discomfort, anger or sadness. His blue eyes narrowed. “I–” She began, but did not continue. Instead, she said that he shouldn’t worry about it. “Was it something I should not have asked?” He quickly inquired. “I apologize.”

“I wasn’t… trying to offend you. In Vorrakess, we were taught to abandon all emotions and expressions. I, therefore, do not understand what all of them mean and how I should react.” Swallowing down, he felt uneasy, hoping that he did not cause her discomfort or anger already. But, it also made him realize how different he was compared to those around these parts. Had it been his father or mother who came instead, would they know how to act? He stayed silent after that, standing rather awkwardly there until another question was asked… and this time he did not hesitate in answering.

“We are at war. I offered myself as bait. I’m not supposed to be alive as it was decided I would sacrifice my life for my Kingdom,” he commented. “I’m not sure if I should be out and moving yet, but I feel restless.” Finally, he took a step towards the rock and leaned himself on it. With the motion, the bandage upon his right leg became apparent.

manip && background stock by clockwork-theory. coyote stock by salsolastock on dA.

<style type="text/css">
.wolfgang-clockworktable {width: 475px; background-color: #090a08; background-image: url(http://i44.tinypic.com/2rrbihw.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; font-family: calibri; font-size: 12px; color: #885634; line-height: 13px; padding: 0px 0px 370px 0px; border: 3px solid white; text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;}
.wolfgang-clockworktable p {text-align: justify; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px;}
.wolfgang-clockworktable b {color: #bc9154;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread