the moon and i
[html]
Word Count ( 0.759 )

I'm sorry about the delay! fff. :<

Vesper asked how the war had begun and Wolfgang paused for a moment to merely think about the event. He understood why the High King would call the rogues a bunch of thieves, for they desired more than the Vorrakess were willing to give up. They wished to steal by unfair terms. His lips parted, taking in a slow breath and exhale which became visible before him in cold night air. “I do not know if they actually stole from my Kingdom. But, I do know they wanted more than we could provide. They wished to have our territory, as they had been living within the tops of mountains with little prey. The High King offered them a home… to live with us should they follow our rules and culture. But they refused. We thought that perhaps that would be the end of things, that things would be hostile, but not to the point of war.” A pause. “One morning, a group ambushed us. They smelled of the Zheynche. We lost guards and even children. The High King could not… would not stand for such a thing, so he called war against the group.” He glanced, studying the night sky. It was clear. Clear enough to spot out every single star. The moon lit it up enough that it looked not black, but a dark navy.

“Perhaps Grandfather thought them as thieves because their greedy nature… and they had stolen lives from us that were not ready.” His eyes drew back to the coywolf, curious to what she might be thinking about the war. Or rather, what her ways were. What she thought was far and not. “While we do not believe things we cannot see, we… believe that young men and women, boys and girls, innocent and pure, or elderly that have not hold a sword to the throat of another in years, are not meant to die. It was not a battle, but a massacre that the Zheynche caused.” Wolfgang sometimes questioned why they were enemies, or what exactly had caused this madness to blind the Zheynche enough to slaughter children and unarmed men and women. To him, there was no sane reason for it. They had been starved. Maybe starved enough to believe the words of their twisted leader that lead them to commit deeds that would not be forgiven by his Kingdom. He pitied them. Not because he necessarily cared for them, but pitied them as if he were superior to the group, as if they knew no better... and that they were just barbarians.

“Oh,” he breathed, slightly relieved – though he did not express it – as she went on to explain that emotions differ from canine to canine, that a smile could mean very different things. “Thank you,” he paused, nodding his head as if meaning the thanks he gave to the woman. “Yet… what if I wish to understand someone? How… How can I understand them?” He hadn’t thought that it may be awkward for Vesper to answer him, for he did not know that… there were beings that did not think about reading emotions. They could glance upon another’s face and automatically tell if they are happy, depressed or enraged. For him, they were movements he couldn’t understand, movements and faces that he had long forgotten. And, it hadn’t just been his grandfather’s orders. He hid, hid the feelings he shared because he was ultimately scared, scared to be close to another person. For the one time he had held someone close to his heart, it had shattered before it had even begun.

She nodded after his words, a smile curled on her lips and then, she spoke that she was familiar with restlessness. The offer had first taken the man aback. He had not gained such a thing similar in his home, but it had been alike to Aemon, the pale coyote that he had first meet at the borders. He tested his facial muscles and forced what he thought may look like a smile, to express his gratitude but also, to try and change himself into the ways around these parts. It perhaps, only looked like a forced smile, one toothy and out of place, and surely, it ended in a blink of the eye. He cleared his throat before he spoke. “Thank you. I may take your offer later. But, before that, may I ask what you know of Inferni? I… was not told what the customs are here, so any bit helps even if we are both new.”

manip && background stock by clockwork-theory. coyote stock by salsolastock on dA.

<style type="text/css">
.wolfgang-clockworktable {width: 475px; background-color: #090a08; background-image: url(http://i44.tinypic.com/2rrbihw.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; font-family: calibri; font-size: 12px; color: #885634; line-height: 13px; padding: 0px 0px 370px 0px; border: 3px solid white; text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;}
.wolfgang-clockworktable p {text-align: justify; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px;}
.wolfgang-clockworktable b {color: #bc9154;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread