Old Blood New Ties
[html]

OOC here!

Matteo reacted exactly the way she expected, stone walling her from the inner workings of the Trovato family. Even through death and a sea apart the family worked in harmony protecting itself. That was something Amy had never experienced, pitched against her family in a constant competition for power. There was no heir, for there was no single kingdom to inherit. Each child was taught the skills they shone the most in, and chose a career that way. It was much more freeing than the life many criminal families had, but also stripped away the closeness that usually bonded them together. It gave Amy the courage to start life anew in America, but also emphasized how utterly alone she was.

She cocked her head to the side at Matteo's question. "I suppose you could say the same about my business, except it's not familywise." Amy smiled softly, enjoying the piece of fear in Matteo's voice. He might be a Trovato, but he had weaknesses that his parents hadn't had. "As for what's happened in Italy, it is your family's business. Wouldn't you know best?" Amy phrased it as an open trade. The information he requested in exchange for the answer he'd withheld. "I'll just tell you I came here because I was bored. Europe was...changing." She'd let him try to figure out what she meant by that one.

Amy Sunders

[/html]

Messages In This Thread