shadows in the dark
[html]

Word Count SSWM :: 351

A large dark head turned toward her, those shadowy ember eyes settling on her from their respectable height. She knew that he had to look down a considerable angle in order to meet her gaze, but there was no way that she was going to shift shape around this male. The change to secui would be as far as she took it—but she would not abandon four comfortable paws for her spindly, unbalanced two-legged form. Despite the training she received, she wasn’t going to take her chances. If she was ambushed caught in her optime form for some reason, she needed the training so she wouldn’t die, but she would rather fight how she was born. That was the only way she felt strong and capable, once untouchable.

The one-syllable word alighted on her large brown-rimmed ears, and her blue eyes flicked up to him as he trailed away. Vesper was fine with silence, having been a loner for most of her life, but she wasn’t going to say no to civil conversation until he started mocking her again.

“I’ve been here little longer than you,” the cream-tawny female replied to the first question. Her statement both admitted that she didn’t have a particularly strong or long standing in the pack but also pointed out that she was his senior when it came to membership. All in innocence, of course—but little subtle clues might teach him to respect her more than he had been. “My purpose is what Ezekiel wants of me for now. Loyalty. An able body to fight.” She narrowed her eyes, but it was more of a squint than a glare as she walked, glancing to the darkness. The familiar vigilance didn’t make her seem as paranoid as before, only watchful, as she fell into the routine of walking along the borders. “Eventually, I want to become a scout. As much as I love the thrill of a fight, I would be better suited to the border patrols. It might mean I still get to kick some ass, anyway.” Her teeth flashed in a small smirk.

Image courtesy of venomxbaby@deviantart; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_Ves2 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_Ves2 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_Ves2 b {font-family:verdana; color:#485776; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Ves2 {background-color:#232631; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #171a22; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5717/vespertab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:306px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_Ves2-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread