The Eleventh Hour
[html]

Word Count ::360 yeaaah. Smile

The news about Nayati upset him. He’d had a good time learning a bit about hunting from Nayati. It was upsetting to know that the luperci was gone, exiled. Exiled why? Ralla had told him about the war but nothing much of it, like why it had started or anything. It was understandable that war was a painful subject, sharp ground to be treading on, but Frodo found himself wanting to know more. However, this wasn’t the time. That’s…that’s… he searched for the right word, but found non. In the end his reply was just a settled look of melancholy, he looked into Ayasha’s face and looked pained.

It was at least fortunate to know that he was accepted. He grinned, wagging his fluffy tail and tossing curly locks of golden orange out of his eyes. He noticed her reach up to touch a scar on her body, and ever so observant he realised, given the subject they talked about, she must have received it from the war. Politely, he looked away, giving the girl space for her own misery’s. However, when the news of Liliana came, he turned back towards her. His face was stricken, complex, and above all, shocked. What? Frodo gasped, the whites of his eyes showing. Fallen off her horse? Hit her head? No! Liliana had been such a fine rider, surely her life wouldn’t have been taken from the hobby she seemed to enjoy most? He choked a cry, and as he looked at Ayasha he knew it was true. He hadn’t know Liliana that well, only been with her maybe a couple of hours, but she was a good woman. Or had been, he added with a terrible thought. I’m sorry, skipper. he muttered simply.

In the end, Frodo was glad for the subject change. He replied stiffly, hunching his narrow shoulders in a moody manner. Tha’ sounds good. he tried to force enthusiasm into his voice, but it fell flat. In the end he just gave up, and decided it was time to have a good nights sleep, or at least a good lie down where he could think about things. I’ll look out for you, my girl. But fer now, I need me some beauty rest. ‘tis been a long night. I’ll stay in the stables, fer now… he gave her a weak smile, patted her one the shoulder, and turned to leave, the heavily laden horse at his side at a follow. For a moment, he turned back. Thanks. spoke his horse voice, and then he carried on walking.

Image courtesy of Scott Hudson **; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_Fro1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_Fro1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_Fro1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#4e3f3c; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Fro1 {background-color:#323030; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #171717; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5902/frodoy.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:322px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #141313; border-radius:12px; } .K22911_Fro1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:12px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread