This was a bad idea
[html]

Perhaps I can say she pushed the boulder there herself at a later time.

Word Count → 375

Puppies. Hotaru shook her head slightly as Erzulie talked, her skepticism coloring her voice and annoying Hotaru. The blind wolf reminded herself that she needed to be patient, Erzulie was still young and there were many things that she didn't know yet. It seemed as if blind wolves fell into this category. The puppy's comment about help was confusing. But rather than showing it, Hotaru simply leaned closer to Erzulie and whispered. "You shouldn't rely on your eyes so much little one. My ears and my nose are all the help that I need."

Fakwes did not enjoy the shift in position, and he spread his wings and tail slightly for balance. The red tailed hawk decided to add in his own opinion to the conversation by stating quite loudly, "I help!" He then dropped down into low speech, chiding Hotaru for not mentioning all the work he had done. Although Fawkes knew that his master was aware of his efforts, the bird would not relinquish his credit. After that, Fawkes was silent.

Hotaru returned to her normal position with a small smile. Fawkes's outburst was unusual and actually pretty funny. Her ears flipped towards Shawchert, his words offering some hope to her. "Thank you for your help." The grey wolf gladly took Shawchert's hand, his guidance more than welcome in the unfamiliar territory. Hotaru lifted her hand a minute and allowed in to rest on the large male's arm. "It will be easier this way." Shawchert always seemed uncomfortable around Hotaru, and her suspicions were confirmed when she felt how tense he was. It was understandable of course, their first meeting had not gone so well and Hotaru had allowed her anger to get the best of her. She seemed to be doing that a lot actually and it was something she vowed to work on.

The blind wolf kept her staff out in front of her. The methodical beating of the wood against the ground marking their passage. Hotaru was careful not to hit Shawchert as she swung the staff in a tight arch. Each tap was to test the ground where her next step would be. The system worked although it wasn't perfect, as was evident by her crashing into bushes earlier.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread