the long and winding road
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 398

The other male seemed curious about Fovea, and Swentzle watched his Mountain Lion companion warily for any signs of danger. Her tail flicked irritably, as it always did when someone spoke of her in a less-than-awe-inspired way, but nothing else seemed to be amiss. Swentzle felt safe answering the questions honestly. She is my hunting companion, yes. I raised her from a kitten, so she poses no threat to me, as I am her 'mother', of sorts. He left unspoken that, should the male pose a threat, Fovea would do more than that. Patting the ground next to him blindly until he could find the rabbit, he pulled the furry thing into his lap, and then began searching for his skinning knife, his eyes never leaving their focus on some point over the fire. His Awk lay discarded by his knee.

The male spoke again, and Swentzle rolled his shoulder easily in a shrug, brushing his hand through the dirt and finally finding the bone-handled stone knife by his foot. I suppose it is within your right to question the unknown. I, myself, am used to canines with many companions--it is common, where I come from. He said, and began the careful motions that would render the rabbit skinless, a practiced skill that nonetheless also ended up with the meat also being butchered. It was hard to do such a thing without sight.

His hands paused in their motions as the male, Wolfgang, explained why he was there, and Swentzle turned his gaze toward Fovea once more, though his eyes were unseeing this early in the morn. I apologize, He said, and then tossed a strip of skin that still had most of the meat on it over the fire to Fovea, who snatched and devoured it out of the air. I was aware, of course, of the pack nearby, but not of how close it was. Fovea has no respect for canine territorial boundaries, so I am afraid she may have chased her prey into your pack lands. Though the rabbit did not smell as the male did, nor did Fovea, not even faintly, which indicated she'd only passed close to them; but passing was often enough, when a pack was rumored hostile, and he'd heard enough rumors about Inferni to feel the need to placate. We will move further, of course.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread