the long and winding road
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 254

The male blurted a question about his eyes, and Fovea yowled and leapt to her feet, darting into the trees as if he'd greatly offended her, and not merely questioned the obvious. Swentzle tilted his head, his eyes glittering though no smile pulled at his maw. Yes, I am, unless the sun is very high in the sky and the terrain is open before me. Or he was sitting in front of a fire, in which case he could see directly within the flames' glow. He continued his search and then perked an ear for Fovea's return, but he suspected she would stay gone until the stranger--Wolfgang--had left. And when she returned, he would no doubt have to soothe her wounded ego...ah, well. He may as well eat before then.

The male across the fire spoke yet more empty words, and Swentzle paused in his skinning to lift his head and listen to him leave. He raised an eyebrow, however, when the sound of a stomach grumbling reached his keen ears, and he resumed his motions, pitching his voice to reach Wolfgang as he walked away. I've another rabbit in my wagon, caught last night. You're welcome to share the morning meal with me before we part ways. He paused and waited a moment to make sure he really did have that rabbit, and, since no sign was immediately forthcoming from the spirits that this was a bad idea, added, I have some cool river water as well, if you're interested.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread