Diggin' up bones
[html]

Sorry about the wait! ^^;

Word Count → 374

Her moment of triumph was short lived, and Swentzle was briefly ashamed of that; it was not often such feelings coursed through one's veins, and to find them false shortly after was like being cheated. He murmured quietly his thanks as she rushed to his aid, and smiled briefly at her stammering. "It's perfectly fine. I am sure she will return shortly; and you cannot be faulted for wishing to help me when I seemed to be in danger; you should be commended for it." He paused a moment to see if he could hear Fovea, but there was none of her familiar grumbling sounds, so he continued, "I am perfectly fine, now." With another small smile.

She answered his question in a somewhat chastised tone, and he wanted to reach out and assure her, in some way, that she'd done no wrong; but it wasn't his place, as he didn't know her, and so he simply crossed his arms carefully over his chest. Kiara gave her name, and a title he didn't recognize; he nodded anyway, and took a moment to choose which words he would say. "I am Swentzle Byström. I am a loner, from the far south...but I am looking for a pack, as my abilities are...hindered." He couldn't do much while he was blind, except the motions he was accustomed to--he couldn't even hunt for himself, an incapacity which had disheartened him even as Fovea had taken up those responsibilities alone. They'd once been a team, but no more; he missed those days.

Shaking the melancholy thoughts from his head, he ran a hand through his hair, and continued, "I have heard things of the packs here, but very little. I had hoped to learn more, and make an informed decision." He didn't like going into things blind--no pun intended--especially considering, in a past life, he'd been the one who helped the Yawa make his decisions. Information was vital, and he didn't want to make a mistake that he would regret for the rest of his life. It wouldn't be as simple as moving packs; once he committed himself to something, he would stick to it, until he was no longer able to perform.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread