Diggin' up bones
[html]

Word Count → 316

The ways of the luperci were still mostly a mystery to Kiara. Even though she had been living in Ichika for several months, many of the behaviors that the luperci practiced were foreign to the arctic wolf. Kiara had grown up in the desolate regions of Northern Canada where the effects of the virus had been mitigated by the cold. There were no luperci in Wood Buffalo National Park, and her first experience with the two legged canines was but four months ago.

The snow wolf relied on what little knowledge she had on luperci body language, which only seemed to lead to misunderstandings. As far as Kiara knew, Swentzle did not approve of her behavior nor did he seem to like her. This false knowledge disheartened the young wolf and every moment Kiara began to crouch lower and lower into the submissive position. Even if Swentzle could not see Kiara's respectful behavior, instinct still drove her movements.

Kiara listened and tried her best to understand what Swentzle was saying. The alabaster woman had not guessed that Swentzle was partially blind, nor did she know that was even possible. Kiara cocked her head to the side as she pondered the information. "You are blind, but you are not? Then that's good, right? Because, your senses are better than most, even if they are not as good as those who are fully blind. But you can still see, so you can enjoy colors and and beautiful things. Or, is that wrong? Anyways, it doesn't matter because we already have hunters in Ichika. You can do other things. Like me, I can't shift so there are many things I can't do. But as the Ikusei, I help raise the puppies." Kiara's tail began to dance. She was happy with the conclusions she had come to, although she was uncertain as to how the male would take her words.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread