serenaded by the terror bird.
[html]

(337)
Pleaseeee. I like this thread and you are not slow. >;3 I am being fast right now, but there have been times before where I take weeeeeeks to reply to a thread. D: That's pretty damn slow and I am trying to be supersie and not do that anymore. xD So no worriesssssssss.

Ithiel is by Kitty!

She was ready enough to brush the moment of oddness away, and so was Ithiel; he accepted her explanation readily, nodding. He remembered such things, but did not hold them against others -- one could not help natural sensitivities and inclinations, after all. Some were more sensitive to the temperature than others -- for his part, he'd been raised in the desert, where the temperature dropped astronomically by night. He was used to both hot and cold. Would you like my cloak? It was folded neatly and strapped to the side of Lystra's saddle, easily fetched if Alma made no move toward the horse.

He considered her questions, however, murmuring a sound of thought in his throat. I feed him, mostly. He perches on the saddle or in a tree, and tends to sleep near me. To send him up to scout the skies, I simply ask, the man said, shrugging. Zedekiah grunted his approval, not seeming to mind a conversation about him that did not seem to include him. Ithiel thought the bird might actually like that -- he frequently deigned not to respond to Ithiel's comments. As for attacking... perhaps? If you had a bird of the proper size, I think it is possible. Eagles would be your best bet. They tend toward largeness, he continued. His tone was even, and though there was no smile to speak of, it was clear Ithiel was enjoying the flow of the conversation. His body was relaxed and angled toward her, ears pricked forward in interest.

Though he did not know their species, there had been two birds of such a size in Scintilla -- one an import from the far south, a harpy eagle; the second a local. Both were massive birds, and though both were used as scouts by the Scintilla coyotes like his own Zedekiah, Ithiel supposed they could be trained to attack a Luperci. Birds were smart, however, and he did not think many of them would accept such a task, no matter their training.

<style>
#ithielKitty {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielKitty p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielKitty p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielKitty .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielKitty .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielKitty b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielKitty u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielKitty b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielKitty b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielKitty b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread