dear hunter
[html]
every memory that I hold

were all just scars in the making

Word Count → 406

Vesper chuckled at the expression of the girl trapped briefly underneath her, pretending like she hadn’t followed the course of her tongue with her eyes when the girl liked her lips. She smiled as Blind rolled over as well, her muzzle resting against her arm; lazily, the coywolf stroked her dark hair, not even really conscience of the motion. She didn’t mind the closeness, of course, and probably wouldn’t have minded had Blind decided to curl up fully against her. Then again, her body felt unnaturally warm even in spite of the cool winter air, and a little break from contact might allow her to cool off.

Her ears tilted forward as Blind gave her explanation. She was glad to know that it was a blood transfer and one that the girl had probably asked for. She personally wouldn’t have wanted to give up her natural shape if she had any say in the matter, but with all of the advantages being a luperci offered, it didn’t take a great imagination to know how Blind felt. She was sure she would want to fit in with a luperci-dominant pack, too.

Vesper was confused about one point, however, which she echoed: “Mother?” She had thought that the girl’s mother was out of the picture, and certainly not in Crimson Dreams. For a moment she wondered if mother was only metaphorical; she knew some packs considered their members family, and referred to each other with those titles even if they weren’t linked by blood.

The hand on her belly made her stomach do flips, which wasn’t eased by the question she had been prepared for but dreaded. Keeping composure, the coywolf reached down to place her hand over her friend’s, moving it slightly to one of her more recent scars. “Fight,” she said quietly. “As usual my pride was at odds with my survival.” Her tone was devoid of emotion other than a kind of resignation; there was no changing the past, and so there was no reason to be adamant or regretful about the actions she’d chosen that day.

“But I was found at the borders to a pack—Inferni. Their healer took me in and tended to my wounds. I actually respected the other coyotes in the clan, and… I stayed.” She shrugged lightly, remembering her other non-luperci friend reacting more strongly to Vesper being in a pack than becoming a luperci. “How is Crimson Dreams?”

Vesper Optime by Nat; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vesoptime-box {float:right;}
.vesoptime {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vesoptime .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Gloria Hallelujah'; text-align:right; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vesoptime p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vesoptime b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.vesoptime t {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em; font-style:italic;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread