dear hunter
[html]
every memory that I hold

were all just scars in the making

Word Count → 376 :: Only two essays and one exam left. :3

As if they were both formless wolves still, Blind whimpered wordlessly and nestled against her, muzzle buried under her chin. The older girl smirked faintly and only reached up to touch one of her ears, just for something to touch. Much of the hybrid’s enthusiasm had faded from her eyes, however, and while she was not upset, she was more withdrawn—contemplating the surroundings, contemplating her emotions, contemplating the pair of them. She was at peace, but as much as she wanted to lay here and succumb to it, to everything, logic waited patiently at the backdoor to her thoughts.

With more quiet sounds, the dark she-wolf buried herself against Vesper’s pale, dark-splotched chest. She looked down at the girl, unsurprised, and was about to tease her when Blind blurted out a suggestion that made her jaw drop and her stomach to tie itself in knots again.

“Blind…” Vesper straightened up then looked at her, ears lowering, and her eyes finally turned away. She let out the softest of sighs and steeled herself to meet the lovely girl’s heterochromatic gaze again. “Blind, I have responsibilities. I have Inferni. I would have agreed in a heartbeat months ago, but…” She looked at herself, at her hands, which clenched into loose fists. “Everything changed. But that doesn’t mean I care about you any less, Blind, and I want to spend all the time with you I can.” Why did everything coming out of her mouth sound so lame, so false? She felt like she’d been stringing the poor girl along, and yet she was dangling from a rope herself. She had gone through so many changes lately, and she wasn’t ready for her life to be jarred once again.

“Listen…” She reached out to touch the girl’s cheek, just in case she had turned away during her faltering speech. “Maybe someday, okay? It’s just… I don’t know what I’m running away from yet.”

And that was true. She didn’t want to do anything that she regretted…didn’t want to throw away one future for another. But she didn’t want this to mean throwing away Blind, either, when everything had just started sparking, when she’d started to come to terms with her affection for the girl she’d already lost once.

Vesper Optime by Nat; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vesoptime-box {float:right;}
.vesoptime {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vesoptime .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Gloria Hallelujah'; text-align:right; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vesoptime p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vesoptime b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.vesoptime t {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em; font-style:italic;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread