I always stagger back again
[html]
Hadvnivisdisgo?

I thought Claudius lived in the old Aston den, unless he has recently moved out? I could easily be wrong!

Ulilohi eyed him curiously as she approached him, cutting through a copse of trees laden with the cold of winter.. It was very strange to her that someone would don the four-legged form. Not necessarily because of the old notion of shame and punishment related to it - she knew very well that those values had been dismissed by the tribe a long time ago. No, it was the impracticality of it. Sure, hunting would still be possible, but wasn't it just easier to shoot things from afar with a bow, where a deer's antlers never got close to harming you? Perhaps he liked the thrill of it or something. It was too foreign to her upbringing to understand, but it didn't stop her from being fascinated by it.

She nodded, satisfied and enthusiastic. "Good!" When he made another statement, Ulilohi could only nod in confirmation again. "I've been told that they expanded their borders when the numbers reached a high not many moons ago. Obviously," she said, swinging an arm out as if indicating that her following statement was proved all around them. "—our numbers are not so high anymore. I did not arrive here long ago, and I was, honestly, surprised at the modest headcount." For some reason, she had expected a tribe at the size of at least a fourth of the Great Tribe. What she found was something more like a group of individuals at the size of... well, nothing even remotely comparable to the Great Tribe. How lonely it must have been.

#---
<style type="text/css">
#marit { padding:35px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... herbg2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; }
#marit p { padding-left:0px; text-indent:0px; margin-left:0px; text-align:justify; line-height:1.4em;}
#marit b, #marit i { font-family: cambria, serif; font-size: 1.3em; }
#marit .count { text-align:right; float:right; font-family: cambria, serif; }
#marit .separator { font-family: 'Bookman Old Style', serif; font-size: 2em; display: block; font-style: italic; margin: 20px 0 20px 0; border-top:1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 10px 0 10px 0; text-align: right; }</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread