No Bliss in Ignorance
small PP of Xy, hope you don't mind

7+

Maybe, hopefully, finally what she was saying was getting through to X'yrin and the female breathed a sigh of relief as she seemed to come to truly understand what it was she meant. Love was not something to be hated and feared it was to be cherished and held onto with fury and ferocity for it could be taken away and ended all too quickly and easily. It would only take one small accident to end any of their lives, one misstep and they were with the Great Mother not to see their loved ones until they themselves entered the Mother's embrace. She looked down a little sadly at X'yrin and felt empathy for her, when her family had been murdered she had been sure she would never love anyone again, her heart had frozen into an icy block with sharp jagged edges and spikes to keep out anyone who would try to get in.

But both her wolfen and dog souls had betrayed her, longing for pack to comfort, company to seek she had found Temo through a strand of extraordinary good luck or bad luck depending on your point of view. She had not looked back since that day they had met, the honor of her family weighed down upon her heavily like a tangible and real thing. She was in a way a lot like X'yrin. The Denahlii's too like the Exultares and Nomads in wanting only the strongest to survive and prosper but they were not unkind, they were not heartless, they gave their weak a chance to prove themselves, to fight against nature, to fight against fate and what was intended for them, to fight against their own deaths. Many didn't make it but they died with pride in their eyes and honor in their hearts. The ones that did, that had done were treated as heros, as legends for they had overcome the thing that could not be changed, the design of the Great Mother. They had looked at their playing cards and decided to chose another hand rather than accepting what was given to hem.

Jace held out a hand towards X'yrin to help up the fallen woman with Honrin tucked underneath her other arm. The strange quiet boy showed just how much he liked X'yrin even after only so short a time of knowing her with a single wag of his ivory tail. It was the same reception his mother, father and sisters got. Like his father he wasn't much for showing emotion.

"What I have with Temo is extremely precious to me and I am incredibly lucky to know its feeling. I owe him more than just the love he gives me. I owe him my life, my sanity, my very soul. I can't repay that dept to him but I can show my gratitude, with love." For one so young, Jace was often struck with moments of wizened thoughts as though the spirits of her elders had taken possession of her and gifted her with a higher thought. She helped the older woman to her feet, with a tug of her strong arm, and smiled up at her much taller friend. She did not envy X'yrin for her height, Jace had long ago come to terms with her short stature and made up for it with her strength of her heart and mind,

"Some creatures go through their entire lives without ever feeling love. Maybe you were poised to be one of them if you had never come to Ichika. And I pity those creatures because they will never know, will never get the chance to experience what I feel. Wherever you find love, grab it by the horns and hold on for dear life and don't let go. This world we live in is a dangerous and frightening one, filled with horrors that should only exist in nightmares, at any moment you can be taken from it and cast into death. You can love Sarian and not have to take her from Shiloh, love her as not a mother should but as an Aunt or Cousin would. After all are we not all brothers and sisters here, our children are what binds us together, the next generation is always and shall always be stronger than the one before it." Honrin chose that moment to yip in a high pitched voice as though agreeing with his mother and both of them looked at X'yrin in unison, Honrin with his strange unwavering gaze and Jace with a more normal, friendly and warm look.

Messages In This Thread