Landslide (P. Vesper)
A soft yip accompanied an unfamiliar scent that did not blend in to the group scent that Indira was coming to associate with her new home. The mixed heritage female that revealed herself was not Ichikan, according to the scent emanating from her. She noticed the hybrid’s flicked back ears and was surprised to note appropriate border protocol. It seemed so strange to see behavior that would have mirrored her own during her border interview with Jace Wolfe. It took a minute for Indira to fully process that Ichika no-Hoen was indeed her home, and that outsiders, if they were not intruding, would react like this if they were following decorum.

With a canine grin, Indira approached with a welcoming ease. This coyote hybrid did not seem to be posing any sort of threat to the borders. Instead, she seemed to be an explorer, much like Indira herself. The medium gray coywolf stopped a few feet from the stranger who had emerged from the brush, a look of curious, cautious eagerness to know more about her spreading across her features. Her pale blue eyes took note of the stranger’s equally blue and pale gaze. “You remind me of my sister,” Indira intoned, making note of the physical similarities present between the two of them. Indira had taken after her unknown wolf father more than she had her coyote mother.

“My name is Indira Youroukelis, and this is Ichika no-Hoen. Are you looking for someone, or something?” she asked. She had never been formally part of a pack, but she remembered Jace’s protectiveness of the border lands. Indira was not part of the higher tiers of the Ichikan ranks, so she was not as strict in terms of her border behavior. She had a more open-ended attitude, and she was more cautiously optimistic.

Words: 302

Messages In This Thread