Landslide (P. Vesper)
The stranger’s witty, teasing response brought a smile to Indira’s slim muzzle. She cocked her head to the side as she thought about it, swiveling her ears. She thought of Divya, and the last time she had seen her. Divya took after their coyote mother much more than Indira, but the two sisters shared the peculiar shade of light blue irises that they had inherited from their mysterious wolf father. Before Indira had departed from her original home, her sister had asked her if she was crazy, directing the question to their brother, Iason, as well. Both Indira and Iason had departed from the coyote-driven clan to find new things. ”I love my sister, but “like” my be a bit of a stretch,” she said with a bit of a laugh.

Then, the coyote hybrid gave herself a name. Vesper. Indira liked it, although she did not say that aloud. That name reminded her of a story she had heard as a child. It might have been about the wind, or some constellation. Sadly, Indira could not keep her mother’s tales from her puphood straight in her head. But she had glad for the reminder. This was the first time she had really thought about home and the little family she had left behind, but it isn’t a sad kind of remembrance. It was good to remember where she came from.

”Inferni? Is that the coyote clan on the other side of the mountain?” Indira inquired. She remembered the scent vaguely from when she had crossed the mountainside herself. Indira shook her head when Vesper mentioned two unfamiliar names. She had yet to really acquaint herself with anyone from Ichika no-Hoen yet. ”I’m quite new,” she explained. ”I don’t think I can welcome you inside yet, but you’re welcome to walk along the mountainside with me and we can see if we can find them.”

Words: 315, 3+

Messages In This Thread