Landslide (P. Vesper)
[html]

WC: 411

Vesper nodded as Indira mentioned her own group’s lifestyle. “You should really talk to X’yrin,” she suggested. “She’s keen on trading information. Her own culture is…well, they really worship the nomadic aspect. Wandering is their whole life, walking an endless path without anywhere to settle permanently…” She knew that she was probably misremembering some of the information, but with a shrug she decided that X’y would be able to explain it accurately. “I’m sure X’y and the Nomads saw wonderful things. Hearing her describe her life… It’s so genuine.”

And it put anyone else’s concept of wandering to shame, though she would let Indira learn that lesson herself. She still remembered the pangs of shame she felt when she needed to admit to the Exultare woman that she’d abandoned her own journey, but that had slowly passed. Everyone needed their own beliefs.

“I used to fancy myself a wanderer,” Vesper said after a moment. While she didn’t go revealing her personal life to strangers, she did feel obligated to match pieces of information others shared. “I had no pack for a long time. My mother was a lone coyote, and so it was just her and us, her daughters. I was independent at an early age.” She glanced at Indira, judging her to be a yearling, and smirked faintly. “Maybe your age. A few months earlier.”

She sniffed the air briefly then glanced into the Ichikan territory, wondering if the mountainous charm had been what had drawn so many to the pack and its peaceful ideals—or if the ideals had drawn them to the pack. She supposed this quiet place could be seen as an adytum for troubled souls.

Indira asked a question, and the coywolf was jerked out of her thoughts, turning her head to the other with an almost-verbalized “huh?” She flicked her ears forward then nodded, her lips creasing comfortably into their signature smirk. “As much as I can, when I’m not specifically doing duties for my pack. I used to think I was an amazing fighter before I came to Nova Scotia, but meeting many warrior here taught me that everyone can improve. Sparring is exciting for me, too; all of the rush from fighting without the threats.” While others might fight to cause harm to others, might lust for the blood of a kill, Vesper cared more for the sport than the end result. She’d killed one coyote, and that hadn’t been a good feeling.

<style type="text/css">
.biggerscars b {font-weight:bold; color:#1a212a;}
.biggerscars t {font-style:italic; color:#1a212a;}
.biggerscars .ooc {padding:10px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:right; line-height:15px;}
.biggerscars p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.biggerscars {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#4c5661; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/vmrebt.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; padding: 475px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#899194; line-height:20px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread