Chlorophyll (P. Nik)
Indira’s pale, icy gaze connected to the bi-colored gaze of a rather acerbic male wolf. There was another strange scent accompanying his scent. She was able to identify the scent of the pack that lived within the Halcyon mountain residing in his skin, and the airy scent of feathers. She took notice of the bird of prey accompanying him. She had never known a wolf to have a companion animal to her. Since coming here, so many things had seemed strange. But it would not be a stretch of the imagination that this stranger might have an animal companion, because her own pack boasted small herds of farm animals within their own territories.

”I am,” Indira responded to his acid words without a trace of sarcasm or offense. She did not know what was bothering him or what had prompted him to use that tone of voice with her, but she was not overly concerned. She knew that this was a neutral territory, and she had every right to be here. She did not think that he would be confrontational, despite his sarcastic words. ”I think it is quite lovely here. It is a place of contrasts.” She had never seen the aftermath of a large fire before, and she had a genuine appreciation for the lush green landscape as well. All too soon, it would be swallowed up by the winter snow.

“I’m getting acquainted with the lay of the land,” Indira answered simply, lifting her slim muzzle to gather scents carried by the cold pre-winter breeze. There was much for the new Ichikan to learn about her new home and the surrounding territories, and she was wasting no time doing just that. The medium gray coywolf turned her gaze back to the white and red-dyed male. ”Do you know much about the fire?” she asked. After all, he had asked the first questions, perhaps he had some answers of his own to give.

Words: 325, 3+

Messages In This Thread