Chlorophyll (P. Nik)
”Sure, I’ll help you,” Indira said. It did not seem like it would be a harmful situation. Despite the fact that his words had held some ire, he seemed to have rethought the way he wanted to act toward her. His attitude hadn’t bothered Indira that much. And if Nikki was willing to talk, Indira was willing to listen and even to converse as well. She had never been one to turn away a new situation or person, even if they appeared to be rough around the edges. It was too much of a risk to miss out on knowing them. ”I’m Indira,” she added.

The medium gray coywolf moved closer to the white and red wolf. Pale eyes moved to touch the hawk once again. ”Is she your friend, Nikki?” the coywolf asked, guessing the hawk’s gender. Truth be told, Indira had very little experience with birds. She had never really been near one, although she had seen them flying in the sky and flocking to their nests. The only other creatures she had been around had been those she had hunted, outside of canines. It seemed strange but also exciting to be so close to a predatory bird.

Without hesitation, Indira started walking toward the ashen side of the mountain, avoiding rocky crevices and uneven ground as she weaved her way toward her destination. ”I can just imagine the devastation this fire must have caused,” the Ichikan mused as they got closer to it. The old destruction seemed to span several miles, an unending landscape of ruinous remains. The air felt heavier on this side, laden with the ash that sometimes must have been kicked up by travelers. What had life been like before the fire? Had other packs lived here? The damage had been done before her birth, as Nikki had said.

Words 305, 3+

Messages In This Thread