in the arms of the ocean
[html]

derrrr

As was expected, her father was more than understanding. She had known he'd let her stay, and it was what she wanted more than anything else now. But still, she felt a strange emptiness where Inferni had once been. The clan had been her project of sorts, but she had been unable to complete anything she'd set out to do. Too few of it's members held the same ideals as she, and even Ezekiel shunned her way of thinking. It was clear to her that she would not be welcome back there, and that thought alone made her gravely worried.

Sage nodded sadly to her father as she climbed back up onto Lennon's back. The horse was placid and clearly unaffected by the situation, but the tawny coyote would certainly explain as much as she could to her confused steed later. They were a team, after all, but despite the stocky horse's apparent care for the girl, she could not communicate everything to him. Razekiel, though, she could.

The green lands that had once been foreign sprawled out before them as she followed him, her mind reeling with a million different thoughts. He wanted the story, and she swallowed, pausing before she was able to form the words; what exactly had happened? All Sage knew was that her former Aquila now considered her a traitor, and he had made it clear that her choice barred her from those lands. "I... I don't know," she started, still collecting her frantic thoughts. "I can't go back. Ezekiel... he thinks I'm a traitor. I don't know what to do," she whimpered, her voice filled with all of the emotions she felt: fear, sadness, rejection... and the hope that was slowly returning. She was not sure which to listen to, but Sage wanted to badly to be happy. Assuming all went well, she would know that happiness again soon enough.

<style>
.sage-river {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ymw8e.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 225px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.sage-river p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sage-river p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sage-river b {color:#489a7d; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
</style>image credit
[/html]

Messages In This Thread