All of life's simple things
[html]
He listened, giving her his full attention as she spoke of her own talents once more. He nodded in agreement and scooted away from her a bit to lean against the headboard. "Yes, like I said it is hard to find such resources. Most are hidden or destroyed. I'd be happy to help you search for music books some time," he said, beginning to feel like he'd made his first real connection with another being with Dhalia.

Oxford found himself beaming at her appreciation, his cheeks growing warm. Most of his jewelry was given in trade for something else, wines, meat, anything really. But he'd given the stranger one of his most intricate pieces. Why? Even he was not sure. Just an unexpected act of kindness, he supposed. At her words, he smiled softly. "I am very glad you like it."

Now a silence fell upon them, very briefly. He wasn't sure exactly what to say. So he attempted at small talk. "Are you comfortable? I don't have much yet but if there's anything I could get you, just let me know," he said, attempting to be a good host. His emerald eyes traveled out the entrance of his den, the sky very dark and he couldn't tell whether it was from the everlasting rain or whether it was growing late in the day. Time was something he didn't keep much track of.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread