All of life's simple things
[html]
Oxford smiled at her words, nodding as she spoke occasionally. He'd been to the city she spoke of and he was certain that there would be a piano somewhere. As she finished, Oxford spoke up. "Halifax," he informed her. "It's a big city around here. Kind of in ruins but it's not totally demolished yet. There may be a piano if we look hard enough," Oxford had been to the city only once and had searched very briefly to find the necessities for his home. He hadn't come up with much.

Ox was happy to hear that she was comfortable enough. He wasn't impressed with his own home, so he doubted she really was either. Probably just an effort to be kind. He smiled as she questioned how he'd gotten the bed into his den. It had in fact taken quite a bit of effort. "I found it in Halifax, actually," he explained. "Got the smallest bed I could find and just took it apart. I brought it home in pieces, but it took quite awhile to carry it so I'd just leave them in little hidden spots when I grew too tired to carry them or it was too late in the day. I put the frame together easily when I got it here. The mattress was a little harder to get to the den, especially up the hill. But I managed," he finished, spreading his arms as if to emphasize that he really had managed. After all, here it was.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread