Claiming What is Mine
[html]

OOC Sorry for the wait. I had a bit of a busy week. Will do my best to spree this from here out.

Word Count → 500+

Even the short days of winter were too long for Titania when she was without the dark wolf, and they only served to usher her in to even longer nights where she could gaze at the moon and the stars and imagine the time before life when they ran together in the heavens – just like Zalen had told her. The young, impatient girl had left her pack preemptively, a move that wasn't her best played card. Luckily she had come across Crimson Dreams and met Soran, and had spent two nights with the generous pack. She lurked close to the borders, though, understanding the pack's need for its space and its natural tenancy toward not trusting unknown loners, and wanting to make the least impact on the pack as possible.

Every night she would stare at the sky, inspecting the moon. If the silver goddess would not come out from behind the clouds she would beg the cottony puffs to move, to roll along in the sky so she could see just what the moon looked like. She had memorized it the night she had met Zalen in the Halcyon Mountains and watched it every night since, for as soon as it looked just as it did that night they would meet again.

Of course, there had been other meetings with Zalen since. Other secretive meetings where they slipped through Cercatori d'Arte, veiled, but not wholly unnoticed. Despite their care her father had found them, and so had an impromptu meeting with Zalen. Her father... she wondered what he was doing right now...

A howl broke her reverie and a silvery ear swiveled to meet the sound, amplifying it. She didn't even need to think to recognize the voice. It was the same, beautiful howl that had sang to her on that night... the voice she knew even before she had met the man. She was up on her paws in an instant and flew over the grass, sprinting towards the call. When another howl came forth intended for her it only served to fuel her excitement and her speed doubled.

“Zalen!” She called back in half words, half wolfson. “I'm here!”

It wasn't long before her lily-white silhouette parted the mist near the shadowy wolf. Her tail whipped the air, long filament flowing beautifully to illustrate her happiness. In the time since they had met her fur had lengthened for winter, but even beneath that she had almost doubled in size, finally having reached the growth spurt that would deliver her into a much more formidable – if even still a little slight – adult.

“How did you know I was here?” She asked as she bumped into him, hardly slowing herself at all before hand. She had been scrutinizing the moon each night, afraid that she would misjudge it and not make it back to d'Arte before Zalen came to her, but here he was, as if the moon had led him... the thought crossed her mind and a soft smile broadened her maw as her golden eyes met his. He didn't need to tell her, in that moment she understood how he had known.

“I knew you would come. My former pack already knows I've left. I was going to go back tonight to meet with you, but I couldn't stay there in case they tried to stop me.” She butted her head into his and rubbed her nose in the soft dark fur of his neck.

<style type="text/css">
.fairequeen b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffb0; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px; text-shadow:#5c5924 0px 0px 1px;}
.fairequeen p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.fairequeen {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#9a9761; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/swBQV.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5c5924; border-radius:10px; padding: 3px 0px 360px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c5924; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.fairequeen .wordcount {color:#ffffb0; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #5c5924; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#5c5924 0px 0px 1px;}
.fairequeen .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread