Claiming What is Mine
[html]

Word Count → 500+

Titania had heard the returning howl of the woman who planned to meet them, but was so enraptured with the moment that she hadn't realized when Soran actually arrived until she got there. She was still happily nuzzling Zalen by the time the shadowy woman set paw on the scene, but the best was over so she didn't resent the woman Zalen's attention when he trotted over to greet her. Titania perked up herself, her attention turning to them as they greeted each other. She didn't even realize that she was still on her stomach on the ground until Zalen came back to her and urged her up.

“Good, because that's the last time you're gonna get it.” She whispered and nipped at him playfully, though her heart so dearly belonged to him that on this topic her bark was definitely bigger than her bite. With a yip she sprang to her feet, tail wagging as she pranced toward Soran.

“I know her,” she chimed to Zalen, then turned her eyes to Soran. “We met my first night here. It was Soran who invited me into Crimson Dreams and out of the cold. Without her generosity you'd have a cranky, hungry new mate on your paws.” She snorted with wolfish laughter and then reached out to Soran, making to nuzzle her affectionately if she would allow her.

Judging by Zalen's expression he had something important to say, so Titania stepped back, her ears and eyes attentive of him. His voice turned from joyous to earnest reverence as he spoke his offer to Soran. There were plans yet to be deliberated between them, but whilst she did not know what he was going to ask, it came as no surprise when he did. Her eyes flashed back to Soran the moment he made his request, her eyes and smile agreeing with him. Was it even possible that Soran would join them? Titania had taken a natural liking to the woman, and had admired the way she treated her even though she was an outsider. She gave her warmth – not just of the hearth but of the heart – a thing she suspected was in short supply these days. And the very thing that could knit a pack together to tightly.

Still, Soran was a Dreamer, and she might not accept them.

“You've shown me nothing but kindness and love the moment I set paw near Crimson Dreams. It would be an honor to have you with us. And if you're Zalen's mentor, then I can only begin to dream of the things I could learn from your guidance.” At least, despite her age, she showed one great strength – understanding her own abilities (or lack of). Although she would never say it out loud, she knew that as she is right now, she was not ready to lead a pack. The few things she had going for were her youth, spirit, and her desire to persevere. She needed guidance in order to prevail and become a good leader. She trusted in Zalen's ability to teach her, but the burden could not all be placed upon his shoulders if he were to also be leading a pack. Seeing how much he respected the matriarch, she profoundly yearned for Soran's counsel.

<style type="text/css">
.fairequeen b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffb0; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px; text-shadow:#5c5924 0px 0px 1px;}
.fairequeen p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.fairequeen {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#9a9761; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/swBQV.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5c5924; border-radius:10px; padding: 3px 0px 360px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c5924; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.fairequeen .wordcount {color:#ffffb0; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #5c5924; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#5c5924 0px 0px 1px;}
.fairequeen .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread