A dream within a dream.
[html]
Light filtered through the trees, largely bare in the cold air. It dappled on his already mottled coat, blending him into the forest floor around him. There was even enough red on his fur to blend him into the terrible scene around him.

Fischer groaned, his fingers clenching, and when they closed on wet fur he opened his eyes. He gazed at his paw, carefully disentangling it and slowly flexing his fingers, sticky with blood. Not his blood. Not his fingers. Fischer closed his eyes and turned his head away, pushing with his other hand in the wet mud. He slipped and fell face-first against the- Don't think. With a sudden push he was on his unsteady feet, and rocked back several paces.

His foot struck something and he hopped to a stop. It was not processing. He was not here.

Suddenly gripped with terror, Fischer turned and fled. His legs were long and powerful, shaggy in the thigh and hip, and his stride was driven by instinct deeper than flight. He was still ungainly on his newfound feet, unable to turn swiftly, and so he struck many trees as he dashed through the silent forest. Fischer ran as hard as he could muster, forcing himself until he thought his heart might burst. His head grew light, his shoulder collided with a tree, and he was thrown off his course and into a ravine.

Everything ached. His bones, his muscles, his head throbbed in unison. He curled up into a ball and whimpered, digging his claws into his legs. He wanted nothing more than to stop existing. What have I done? A tiny voice in his head shouted, "You did it, you escaped!" but he paid it no heed. He had abandoned his brother. He had killed other wolves. They had made him into a mockery of a hunter, a two-legged thing that betrayed its wild roots. Parts of his family had long ago been in kind with man. They had desperately wanted to leave that world behind. And now, there were wolves that were men.

He was one of them.
[/html]

Ta-da!

I'm going to go with Fischer's escape having occurred through Drifter Bay and past Inferni. The dead werewolves are located just around Musquedoboit Valley (I hope I spelled that right) and he's run about an hour east and south.

Messages In This Thread