What once was.
[html]
Fischer listened to the quiet sounds of nature. Most insects were dead or hibernating now, but there was a surprising amount of birdcall, in such a treeless area. Mostly the harsh cries of gulls coming from the coast, occasionally the caw of a crow or magpie. He heard no small mammals, though, nothing which he could hunt and eat, though he was growing hungry.

Then he heard rocks shifting, and footsteps, heavy and labouring. There were not enough footsteps for it to be a wolf. His heart stilled, and when a two-legged werewolf came into view, it galloped off again without him, stealing his breath away. The were wore a cape and carried a bag. The traders who had captured him often wore bits of leather armour and carried knives and polearms, but they did not wear capes. He tried not to panic. Terra had indicated that there were many more weres, that he was not a monster.

It was a hard idea to reconcile.

"Cold?" came the voice, and Fischer was surprised to find he was so close, where the crevice became one with the flat ground again. He wasn't sure if it was a statement, or a question. He swallowed hard. The canine looked imposing in his cape, draped over his shoulders and be-furred, it gave the impression that he was larger than he actually was.

"I was, but I'm out of the wind in here," he replied, trying to keep his nerves from jangling together like bones.
[/html]

Not a problem at all. I'm basically writing posts between remembering when to clean puppies (All the damn time) and trying to find a job =)

Messages In This Thread