Like a knife to the throat
3+

The eyes of the woman were not so blinded by anger that she was oblivious to the changes that had overcome the respected leader. And was all over again even more angry at Shiloh for now what should have been a joyous occasion, reunion between two who were friends was now ruined and contaminated with conversations of blood and pain. Still she managed a small smile that was almost a grimace and a wag of her tipped tail. Later when this atrocity was over they could be happy and excited for what was to come. Her children would have playmates not of their own blood by the time they were three months old.

The bow was returned for as fevered as she was she could not throw aside the bonds of decency even though she had embarrassed herself by allowing Nayru to bow first, it just wasn't done. "Namaste Jiryu, apologies for my whirlwind arrival." She grimaced again and twisted her hands together within each other. Nayru looked ready to fall over and Jace found it hard to believe she had looked like this during her own pregnancy although the multihued woman had been extraordinarily lucky not to suffer sickness and other ailments. She resented being the cause of the smile that disappeared from the cow patterned woman's face.

She let her emotions fall from her face, the black muzzled dog displaying what could be best described as a poker face, a blank slate.

"A while ago Shiloh Grant attacked a previous member of Ichika, Samantha Jarret, at the borders over the mate that Samantha has taken in Anathema. Samantha was left with scarring on her face. I'm only just telling you this now because I, myself found out about ten days ago and have attempted to contact yourself but you've been... elusive." Her tone of voice reverted to extreme formality as did her speech patterns, afraid that if she showed emotion it would become too much for her and her control would snap.

Messages In This Thread