Anything for a Smile
[html]

+505 !

The man truly seemed a father just then, though Nayru wouldn't have known. The fathers of her life had never been the protective type, at least never to the extent Saluce cared for the Jiryu. Conor has given her free reign as a child, and before him Slay was only a smiling figure. Razekiel aligned more closely to Nayru's vague idea of what a father should be, full of jokes and pet names and in a way he reminded her of Slay on most days. Yet like any of her indulgent fathers, Saluce merely gave into Nayru's fairy tale explanation and he let the subject of how children came to be within her drop for the time being. Nayru knew he would not forget, but neither would she say a word before, or even after, the puppies were born. As far as she was concerned it had been the magic of the Samhain fires that allowed life to grow within her.

And still like a father he pressed at her, kindly enough, but his tones were still disapproving. The man stood as if blocking her in, throwing questions at her left and right. Few dared to talk to their Jiryu as such, but always Saluce had that slight advantage. His were the only eyes left besides Razekiel's that had seen her truly as a child--a small being growing up swiftly before him. That she now led a pack of twenty strong seemed not to matter much at times such as these. And like a child Nayru sat before him, still defiant in her stubborn way, but letting the icy layer slide off her skin as he seemed to resign himself to only guessing at whose sperm had joined with her eggs.

"I didn't think I needed any help." This was not completely false, but neither was it completely true. Nayru had felt how the unborn puppies sucked the strength from her body for weeks now, and she knew it would only be getting worse. Yet there was a strange lack of maternal instinct in the girl, and simply she did not know how to deal with a pregnancy. Nayru's tactic was to go about it in the only way she knew how: to ignore it completely. Until now that X'yrin and Saluce forced her to acknowledge it. Jace and Razekiel had known, but neither had pressed the lady, both unknowing how willfully Nayru neglected herself and the puppies. Now Nayru looked up at Saluce, knowing still anything she desired from him was available on a single word from her lips. Yet she looked up at him, still the child, somewhat fearful now of being denied the one thing she wanted just then. "I want to stay with X'yrin. Here. I don't want my own den or anything else." Her voice dropped, ruby eyes looked knowingly at the man who had become the lover of her friend, as if he would be the one to chase Nayru from the home she had just fallen into.

<style>
.nayru-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.nayru-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.nayru-z91 b {color:#B53700; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.nayru-z91 {background-color:#D1963C; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... rugift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:249px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E2931B; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#593B0C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.nayru-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread