Practice makes Perfect
[html]
Orin Takekuro

:: 300+ ♥ Word Count ::

Maybe Shawchert had been right after all, maybe the woman was blind. Evident by the way she didn't notice her until her footsteps were within hearing distance, as well as the fact that she didn't take her hand. It was supremely odd the way the eyes never really looked at her, and a little unsettling. She had never met a blind person before. The world was usually far too harsh and unforgiving for such a disability. It was a wonder that Hotaru lived at all.

She dropped her hand and turned her eyes to the wood Hotaru held aloft. An eyebrow quirked and she wondered for a moment how she should know if it were off. She recognized it as a weapon of archery but past that she had no idea what kind of properties it has. “Umm... I guess?” Okay, that was a little rude, she should really try to be more helpful than that. She leaned over and eyed the bow a little better this time, and then offered. “Well if both sides are supposed to be even then this side-” she pointed “is fatter.” Then she realized her error, and quickly stammered, “I... I mean the left! No, the right. On your right.”

She had no clue how to properly fashion a bow, and had no idea that she should say something about the other aspects of construction – “growth rings” completely surpassed her knowledge of wood craft.

“So, I don't get it,” her words were very matter of fact. This was always Orin's way, just out with what she was thinking. “Are you blind? Shawchert told me you were. You... look... like you are. I don't understand how you're doing that. As a matter of fact, how did you even get here?”

<style type="text/css">
.orin-nameheartchain-header .ooc {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; }
.orin-nameheartchain-header .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.orin-nameheartchain-header-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#472f59; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:500px;}
.orin-nameheartchain-header {margin:0px auto; width:500px; border:0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}

.orin-heartchain b {font-weight:bold; color:#472f59; }
.orin-heartchain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.orin-heartchain {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Orin_heartChain_top_2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px; padding: 2px 0px 2px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread