Practice makes Perfect
[html]

Word Count → 236

It was obvious from Orin's response that she knew nothing about making a bow. Hotaru brought the bow back to her lap and frowned. She felt along the bow trying to pick up what Orin had said. True to her word, the right arm was in fact larger than the left. An easy fix. Hotaru ran the wood rasp down the right arm a few times and brought the bow back up for inspection. She repeated this process three times before she was content that both sides were even. "There. That should be even. Thank you. As for my eyes, yes I am blind. I had an... accident. Did Shawchert not tell you how we met?"

Hotaru was reluctant to mention her circumstances. Although she had stopped denying the fact that Cain had abandoned her, the idea still left a bad taste in her mouth. A frown crept across the grey wolf's face as the bitter memories coming back to her all at once. Hotaru didn't wait for Orin to answer her question before she started talking again. "Well to answer you question, I had a friend bring me here."

The blind woman was eager to change the topic. She didn't like remembering her past, and it had put her in a foul mood. "Say, do you want this bow? I can't use it and it would be a shame if the bow never got used."

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread