Practice makes Perfect
[html]

Word Count → 359

It wasn't that Hotaru didn't like Orin. Orin seemed nice, and was fairly polite when she talked. She tried to help answer Hotaru's questions despite her lack of experience and her questions were reasonable. The problem was the subject that her questions broached. With each new inquiry, Hotaru's mood soured even more. The memories stung like a thousand bees and ripped at her heart in the most unpleasant ways. The grey wolf did her best to hide her displeasure, but she was not able to mask her feelings completely. A small frown and a twitch of her tail betrayed her mood, if only just a little.

An almost inaudible growl escaped from Hotaru's lips when Orin mentioned her "friend." Cain, was not her friend. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Cain, who had once been Hotaru's savior, was now a dark figure of her past. Cain had simply up and left Hotaru at the pack boarders. Hotaru doubted Cain even knew the pack whom he had entrusted her to. In fact, the male had left Hotaru inside the pack boarders turning the poor blind wolf into a trespasser. It was not lost on her how delicate her situation had been, which only fueled her hatred for Cain. "A friend indeed..." Hotaru said in an icy tone.

Working on the bow had managed to cool Hotaru off a little. Her mood was further improved at Orin's evident surprise. The blind woman had offered the bow on a whim, and the whim was bearing some sweet fruit. Hotaru gently pulled the bow away from Orin's touch and chuckled lightly. "It's not done yet. There is still a lot of work that needs to go into the bow. The arms need to be thinner, the bow needs to be strung, and the handle needs to be shaped. However, if you would lend me your paw I can have this done by the end of the day." Hotaru held the bow out again for Orin to take. "I shape my handles to the wolf. If you can tell me where improvements need to be made, I can shape it your grip. "

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread