Unanswered Prayers
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 290

As Caspa took one of Irinei's arms and slung it around her shoulders, Swentzle did the same, wrapping an arm around his waist in order to keep him upright. The injured leg was on Swentzle's side, and so he could, with a bit of maneuvering, get Irinei to walk on it without actually putting any of the weight on his injured leg; Swentzle acted like an extension of his limbs. As they began moving, slowly, toward Swentz's camp, Caspa asked her question, and the brindle male jerked his head in a startled motion. The inquiry had been unexpected, but after a moment he relaxed and an almost fond smile crossed his face. "Ah, yes. It was tradition where I come from to find a hunting companion. It was...a rite of passage." He paused reflectively, and contemplated the relationship he'd once had with Fovea. "Fovea came to me very young; I found her attempting to steal from the tribes' stores." He chuckled, and took a few more steps before he continued, "I am still unsure whether she was orphaned or merely too curious and hungry to resist an easy meal. But Fovea became my partner--we hunted together, back when I was capable of such things, and had I ever gone to war, she would have been by my side." Another pause, to figure out how to adequately explain the bond developed between companions, and then shrugged--as much as he could, with Irinei's weight on his shoulders. "We learned to communicate through body language, and she understands the Old Tongue, which my tribe spoke. It was much easier when I could see her clearly." And he shook his head slightly with a little sigh, reminiscing on the old days.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread