all this madness
[html]

This is going to be a relatively short thread, as Shandom's intentionally avoiding anything that reminds him of CdM right now. We can still have a few posts, though! Sorry, Bria! Also, they're in an extremely large cathedral. Not a small building..

Word Count → 437

What a chill there was in the air! What a strange, unnatural feeling the male had as he knelt before the statue, reverent of whatever strange power it might hold. The humans were strange creatures, he knew that, but what was this place to cause him to have such strange feelings? Shandom's insatiable curiosity would have gotten the best for him had he not wanted nothing more to do with the humans than he already did. So much of what he had become - sleeping in their old buildings, walking on two legs as they were rumored to have done - flew in the face of the values he'd had when he first came to this strange, strange area. Could he find himself again, the male wondered? Shandom felt a mixture of pity and revulsion for the wolves in the area, especially his packmates - it was not their faults they lived in this style. He assumed it was the manner in which they were raised that caused them to be like this. Judgment was unappealing, but it was unrealistic for him to do anything but.

A peal of laughter interrupted his musings, and he'd been so lost in thought that he had not noticed the familiar scent. Terra, he sighed internally, picking himself up from his respectful pose and turning to the younger member of the Court. You do not feel it? he asked, looking at her with a mingling feeling of sadness and distaste. His expression was not unkind; instead, it was forlorn and slightly confused. Such were the feeling this place brought about. It is unnatural, and yet it feels like the oldest thing in the world... he whispered, a prayer and a comment wove into one. Shandom shook his head, trying to clear away the buzzing thoughts and visions of spirits, but he could not. The harder he tried, the more insistent they become. Shandom knew what they wanted; the method of doing so would be the difficult part.

I cannot stay in the Court, Terra, he whispered, voice laced with sadness and regret. I have tried, but this place reminds me of what I am - what we are. With each passing day, I lose a little more of what I was destined to be - a wolf, a true wolf. The arctic male peered at the smaller female through his good eye, trying to ascertain how she would react to this before taking his leave. She was a sweet girl, and Shandom enjoyed her company when he had the chance, but he had left the Cours des Miracles territory for a reason.

<style type="text/css">
.shandomtree b {font-weight:bold; color:#8ca822; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#141400 -1px 1px 1px;}
.shandomtree p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.shandomtree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#dadacd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PI9eI.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 395px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#141400; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.shandomtree .wordcount {color:#8ca822; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #141400; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#141400 -1px 1px 1px;}
.shandomtree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.shandomtree p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.shandomtree p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread