all this madness
[html]

Of course they can! Shandom's not one to forget about friends. He'll be wandering down south fairly regularly Smile

Word Count → 377

Shandom would be sad to leave his small friend. He hoped she knew that, and that this decision was not about her. If anything, the male had denied what he was feeling because he had a friend in Terra. She, without knowing, had made Cours des Miracles feel a little more like home. He was endlessly grateful for that. A soft smile replaced the sad expression on his face, and Shandom looked at her with almost familial tenderness. When he left (and it was when now, no longer an if), the alabaster male would be sure to visit her - if the Court allowed it.

He hoped she could understand. Terra was young, and she was born this way. The majority of Shandom's life had been spent as a true wolf with little to no knowledge of the virus; though it had been two, almost three, years since he'd been changed, Shandom could not help but feel like an alien when he was in a form other than Lupus. She expressed that she wished him well, but the white male could not help but assume Terra probably had other thoughts about his decisions. Loyalty ran deep in wolves, regardless of their changing forms, and Shandom had looked down on wolves who abandoned their packs in the past. His eyes, though, drifted away from her when she asked where she was going, and his voice sounded wistful. He thought for several minutes before he responded, though the answer he gave was not definitive.

I think I'm going North. Actually, I know I'm going North - I want to get as close to the mountains as I can. I grew up in the shadow of several majestic ones, and I'd like to be there again, at least for the winter. Shandom thought for a few more moments, trying to consider the very rough plan that already existed in his head. Depending what I find there, I might come back to the South in the Spring - I'd like that. But I'm sure I'll be fairly transitory, and wander almost everywhere. If I can, that is. And, Terra, you must know that you are always welcome where I am. His smile was soft and sad; he would miss his friend.

<style type="text/css">
.shandomtree b {font-weight:bold; color:#8ca822; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#141400 -1px 1px 1px;}
.shandomtree p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.shandomtree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#dadacd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PI9eI.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 395px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#141400; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.shandomtree .wordcount {color:#8ca822; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #141400; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#141400 -1px 1px 1px;}
.shandomtree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.shandomtree p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.shandomtree p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread