Missing you, despite my best intentions...
[html]

There was no true hostility within him for these two, but aggravation was palpable on his face and in his body. It did not suit them to mope about and whine; what good was there in it? What good was there in sympathy for someone like that? Anatole’s view of the world was simple in this way. Emotions needed to be controlled, not cast about like shiny stones for the world to see. It was as foolish as showing ones throat, he reasoned, and thus a weakness.

Green eyes flicked to the woman’s own expression of disdain for him, though Anatole made no sign he cared. Rather, his attention refocused on the pale coyote. There was much said in his little explanation—having abandoned his previous home, this man had found a place north, in some pack called Anathema (wherever that was) and then again abandoned his home to come here. Wonderful. The dark wolf squared his shoulders at the idea of being thought of as a savage, and snorted bullishly. “I was born here,” he explained cooly. “Obligation took me north for a while, but I came back to see my family.” He paused, wondering if phrasing things as he did would keep the questions about his “obligation” down. Nothing sinister had been in that duty, but his own desire to explore had meant it dragged on for far too long.

<style>
#anatole-sun {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#anatole-sun p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#anatole-sun p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#anatole-sun .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#anatole-sun .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#anatole-sun b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#anatole-sun u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#anatole-sun b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread