Child's play
Words: 346
[html]

Although Caprica was technically one of the biggest of grown-ups for miles around, she so often turned out to be a kid magnet. There was no obvious reason, though, she mused as she watched the little girl inevitably bounding in her direction. Her father followed disapprovingly: he must not realise that Caprica never tired of hanging out with the more juvenile section of the clan. Of course, why would he - they had not even been introduced before, although she knew more of him than he could of her. There was no time to ponder why this might be, for the pup was already demanding a game. Right to the point, as any little girl - or anybody, really - should be. This one was lucky to have such an attentive father to apologise for her, unnecessary though it was. "It's okay," she grinned at the dark-haired man, and said to Miwa "Relax honey, there's no rush - you got plenty of time to play, and you can't keep on calling me 'woman', it doesn't sound nice. My name's Caprica. What's yours?" She flicked her eyes to Alaki, aware that she was answering his question too. "I saw you at the meeting, guess life's been pretty busy since, huh." He'd talked about Thackary village there too, but had never put in an appearance, at least not when she'd been working around the place. She'd caught the rumour that he'd been otherwise engaged, and now realised she'd be better not to bring up that interim period. "Not sure I'm dressed for hide and seek. I'm bright purple, it's hard to camouflage!" she laughed instead. "But don't let me interrupt your game if you were just starting, it's good to meet you even if just for a brief moment of time." She smiled warmly at the pair: lovely to see a father and daughter that were so close and tolerant of one another.

Image courtesy of Ant Jackson@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_CapDa1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; background-image:url(http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3913/angelo2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:82px 0px 0px 0px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:5px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#484848; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 {background-color:#030303; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ababab; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9056/angelom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_CapDa1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread