bird song
[html]

Hee I'm so excited for this thread! <3

Word Count → 316

Swentzle had gone off that morning on his own, for once; since his talk with Kiara, he'd been trying to harness his partial blindness the way he should have from the beginning, rather than simply accepting that it was a hindrance and nothing more. He moved now through the trees high in the mountains, using his old walking stick somewhat like a staff, but more like a cane, brushing it along the trail whenever it seemed there was something in the way that he couldn't see in its entirety. Though it was late afternoon, the canopy blocked the harsher rays of the sun, so he mostly had to rely on his other senses--and his staff--to make his way. That was alright; it was what he'd come out here to do, anyway.

He was passing quite close to the borders of the pack he'd almost decided to join--though he didn't want to rush into a commitment, yet, and so had not asked for a leader on his first visit--when the strangest smell drifted past his nose. He paused in his trek, turning toward the odd scent with a small, curious frown on his face, before he stepped off the game trail he'd been following, having to use his staff more regularly now as he made his way toward the scent.

Not long after, he stepped into a more open area, and had to blink at the sudden influx of light, though everything remained blurry--which would have been slightly worrying, had he not been more focused on other things. He noticed almost immediately the coyote sitting in the vicinity, and he came to a stop, tilting his head curiously. "Pardon my intrusion," He said, and then raised his head to make sure that he had indeed found the source of the odd smell, "But can you tell me what that peculiar incense is?"

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread