It's a beautiful thing
[html]
<style type="text/css">.Leon01 b {color:#FFFFFF;} .Leon01 i {color:#5f5fab;} .Leon01 i2 {color:#9da1ff;}</style>
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ontab1.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Both the boy's ears perked and their expressions grew curious and grateful when the older religious man said they were in luck. They sure as hell were; Leon's expression showed his surprise at the large amount of dried meat and the amazingly awesome wool blanket the man held out for them. "Th-thank you," he managed to get out as he took both things. He automatically draped and wrapped the large, thick wool blanket over Trigger, who grinned and pressed his nose into it happily. "Thank you so much, mister!" the youngster yipped, his tail wagging hard behind him. Before Leon stood again, he patted the boy's back and licked his cheek tenderly and then turned back to Swentzle, "Is there anything I can do to repay you for this?" The gray man tilted his head to the side slightly, his face remaining rather stoic with the faint etchings of concern and appreciation.

As he waited for an answer to that and to the explanation about his little mutt pet, Leon opened the package of dried meat and ate a little, offering some to his salivating brother, who eagerly took a few pieces from the optime as he offered them. The man even offered for them to stay for breakfast! The two Hughes brothers looked at each other, silently agreeing that they couldn't pass up the chance for fresh meat and friendly company. Leon still felt awfully guilty, and felt he needed to make up not only for the stranger's kindness, but for the fact that he was a part of that horrible raid. But he wouldn't admit to the latter-- no, this man didn't recognize him, yet at least-- he wouldn't cause him any upset since he had such an injured man to take care of. Along with the fact that his vision was fucked up. Damnit. Leon wished he could fix everything.

Trigger whined quietly at the unconscious optime's story; that was horrible. He was extremely lucky to be alive. "Is... is there anything we can do to help? You and him?" Trigger looked between Swentzle and the blonde dog and Leon did the same before tucking the bag of generously donated dried meat into the sack around Trigger. "Maybe we can stay with you a couple days and help out, if y'want er don' mind." The brute hoped he said yes, because then his guilt would begin to ease a little. Even he knew, though, it'd take much longer for him to truly make up for what had happened, even if Swentzle never figured out he was a part of the raid on his village.

Leon speaks Trigger Speaks

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread