It's a beautiful thing
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 427

Swentzle smiled fondly at their gratitude, and inclined his head to show that it was not unwelcome. When the older one spoke of repayment, however, Swentzle shook his head, holding up a hand as though to wave away the very thought. "There is no need, my friend. I am happy to give aide." The thought would never cross his mind to demand repayment for such things, as it might others; he merely hoped that these young strangers would remember, and--should they come across him, or anyone else, in need--pass on the kindness. That was all he ever hoped for, and it was no different for Trigger and Leon. Brushing his long hair back, he gave a heavy little sigh, and then held his hands out to the fire, finding the weather to be growing colder.

As the two shared the bits of dried meat, Fovea slunk up behind them, winding her way through the trees and brushing as close as she dared to the strangers before circling the fire to sit primly at Swentzle's side. He held a hand out for whatever small game she'd caught, but there was nothing; she'd come back empty-handed. His brow furrowed, and he turned to look at her fully, seeing a rather smug look on her face. But then, she always looked smug. "Fovea, quid est hoc?" He asked, his voice stern and scolding. Fovea purred deep in her throat, and circled once, then began walking away, her tail flicking leisurely. Swentzle sighed, running a hand over his eyes, and took up his staff, rising to his feet to follow her. "It seems Fovea has brought down something larger than a hare." Swentzle said, and then paused and added, "At least, I hope that's the case, and not that she's simply gotten lazy."

The boys spoke before he could leave, and he paused, offering them another out-of-character smile. "I must leave for a few moments; if you wish to help, truly, you could watch Irinei while I'm gone. We would have to discuss you're staying with me," He added, aimed more toward Leon than Trigger, "As I am considering a journey to a pack in the Halcyon Mountains very shortly. We are unprotected out here, and I cannot defend more than myself." He left the decision up to the boys, though, and gave them a short nod as he grabbed hold of the end of Fovea's tail and began weaving his way through the morning fog. Hopefully toward their breakfast; but you never knew, with Fovea.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread