It's a beautiful thing
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 349

Swentzle paused to smile at the younger boy, nodding reassuringly. "He is--or will be--perfectly fine. The herbs I gave him were intended to take his pain away; that he feels nothing is a good sign." He explained as he went about preparing breakfast. Sometimes he liked to simply dig in to a kill, like the animal he was, but life in the Shikoban tribe had been incredibly civilized; they cooked their meat, sometimes with spices, and held great feasts in honor of the spirits. They built houses out of cloth and wood, as the books in the city pictured, and they lived a comfortable life on two legs, not four; it was only natural that he continue to live as such on his own.

Once the rib cage was cracked open and the side he'd chosen was pulled out, he set about butchering it carefully, cutting it up into smaller pieces so that it didn't smother the fire. He nodded at Leon's words as he did so, finally setting out three separate racks in front of him. "This is a wise plan. I would have done the same, had my companion not needed dire attention." He slid his gaze to Irinei, frowning sadly. The white dog looked sickly, even in Swentzle's poor vision; there were shadows along his form that the brindle dog took to be the malevolent spirits of sickness, coming to feast while no one was looking. He would have gone and banished them, if he didn't have two other guests to worry about; instead, he passed out the two larger cuts to the boys, shaking his head as he rubbed the spice/incense on his own and tossed it onto the fire. "We will be joining the pack Ichika No Ho-En. It is rumored a peaceful place, and the inhabitants I've met have done nothing to disillusion me." He answered the young man's question, and then began a soft, quiet chant beneath his breath in the Old Tongue, the ritual only rendered somewhat ineffective by the lack of the Awk in his hand.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread