It's a beautiful thing
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 239

Swentzle paused in his chanting at the question, going over what little information he did have, and then frowned thoughtfully, leaning against his staff and gazing into the fire. "From what I gather, they are non-violent, and do everything that needs to be done in order to uphold those views." Which was no less than what he'd expect, of course; those who intended to do harm--those who did harm--had to be met with the same ferocity that drove them, or they would never learn. Had the raiders not surprised his village, they might have suffered a great punishment at the hands of their leaders, rather than simply being run off; but the fact of the matter was, the Shikobans had other things on their mind at that time. Swentzle shifted to turn his ribs over on the fire, inhaling the sweet, chile-cinnamon scent, and then sighed, taking them off and enjoying his own meal with quiet dignity.

After a moment's pause, he continued quietly, staring into space with an odd look about his face. "I was told they were family-oriented. It would be a good place to...raise my daughter." The last he said almost under his breath, and his voice was briefly pained, as he thought about how stupid he had been to abandon them. If only he could see Anzhela and Shevon now; he would have loved to hold his darling girl.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread