[M] The Cobra and the Viper
[html]

Word Count :: 343 OOC

Where her words would have stung him at younger age they just slid off his back, and inside he could not help but relish in the fact that he had bruised her somewhat when she rubbed her shoulder. Only his eyes smiled at this, and he reached up to where she had kicked him, finding his hand came away wet with blood. It was an extremely superficial wound but it stained the soft gray fur of his chest crimson. She pointed out his lack of discipline and this did sting his ego, but only because it was the truth. Though his unabashed rage had served him well and brought him to many victories in the past, he knew it was a danger and a hindrance he must overcome.

Standing he dusted himself off, now completely himself again, cool and collected, but kept his eyes averted from her, Agreed. Sadly I am my father’s son, and part of me becomes him. He looked up to her face briefly, I apologize for this, but one of your prowess should be able to infer upon me a way to overcome this slight annoyance. it was a challenge to her albeit a subtle one; if she did not approve of him, then it should be her duty to train him to be so; it could be no one else.

Helotes suddenly felt something like a hot fire in the eye right above where she had struck him and he closed it instinctively; it was surely blackened, the white of orb stained red. It was an injury he had sustained before and knew it was fleeting, but he was somewhat annoyed at it. He cracked his eyelid though it stung so he could look at her properly. What say you master Triarii? Would you take this burden upon yourself? He wasn’t sure if she could afford to deny him, but she was a sly one, and a new mother. If she did not accept, he would go to the Aquila himself for training, if it must be so.

Image courtesy of filtran; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_HL2 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_HL2 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_HL2 b {font-family:verdana; color:#9d9584; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_HL2 {background-color:#484237; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1d1a15; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1232/71515529.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:335px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #141313; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_HL2-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
.K22911_HL2 p b:before {content: open-quote; }
.K22911_HL2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread