Rationality Is Only Part Of It
[html]

→ 793 ::

The long silence shared between the two really offset the balance of the day. She never did expect that a small flirty gesture would be so insulting to some, Omni in her case would be flattered that someone noticed enough to at least try to advance in any way. The larger hybrid seemed to physically shake with noticeable irritation close to pure anger, it brought on more undeniable guilt to the small woman. Being addressed as "woman" was something not entirely familiar to the russet and gold female. It did unleash  a small onrush of sadness, that's what it was coming to these days. Women meant nothing. She was basically useless. The emotion was hopefully not seen by Columbine, any whimpering or complaining would most likely be perceived as a form of weakness. Maybe this jaded and tough Columbine was different sometime in his past, if something had happened that was fairly harsh. Everyone had problems, she herself did. Most didn't show through to the untrained eye, but it was there and always will be.

The bow at her back was remembered, during all of this the weapon had been forgotten. Accepting her apology, the femme noticed a small smile on the lips of the dark hybrid. It wasn't returned but Omni nodded instead accepting the recent show of politeness. He spoke of his family in Inferni, the dusky masculine seemed proud that he carried the Lykoi surname. Back in Quebec, Cadeaux was a hallowed name, ancient for decades and passed on through the years. Unfortunately, she never met her father but learned he lived more west. Omni didn't comment about her own name, let Columbine feel proud.

The russet fae could have sworn that she could have said much more to the dark man, chatter away with him on their walk. But that wasn't happening and it did surprise her much. Columbine lectured about proper etiquette and manners within Inferni. "I should have thought...I didn't know. I feel horrible about it now..." she kicked at the dust below her feet, as she said it.  The path they walked upon became more rugged, her feet hurt and Omni mentally kicked herself for her usual horseback riding instead of taking on the terrain by herself. "I don't know why I came here, I just thought it would be right for me. I had no real reason. I'm not settling in too well though. I'm just not used to it here." After a short pause Omni continued, her voice softer and a little bit pained. But those problems were taken care of, with a simple slip of a dagger. Her past problems wouldn't happen again. "My mother...She used to beat me bloody. Then she would beat me again for getting blood everywhere.  My dad, he left my mom when I was about two months, never seen the damn bastard again. People thought I had a good life, I was obedient and never stepped out of line. They didn't ever imagine what went on inside the walls of my house. She used to bring strangers, men in to use me. I hated it. She never did it all enough to kill me, but it was close. I just thought I would fit in here, be able to live comfortably without all that again." Maybe her unrest was caused by some pressure from other Inferni members, involuntary of course. No one has harassed her during her living here. "Maybe it's my heritage. I'm probably more coyote than the rest of the clan...But I'm sure as hell more wolf." It was weird to tell someone all this when they were a little more than an acquaintance, but if Columbine wanted an honest answer, there it was. She shrugged and didn't meet his fiery red eyes;this was probably useless blathering to probably anyone. After a few minutes of silence, the bow and quiver of arrows was taken from her back. "Do you want to make use of these, we can hunt. Or if we want to shift or something." Aqua orbs made contact with his umber ones, but just as quickly Omni looked away and added more. "If you don't want to that's fine...I don't think I'd want myself to hang out with when I've acted like that."  The russet femme stepped away a few feet and glanced to the trees, staring into the shadows"I'm sorry I told you all that. Who really wants to hear about me anyway? I'm not special at all. I'm sorry." It was useless to speak more about her past, she was close to over it now. Her chatter was probably not important, he'd probably forget or not even notice that it was something that changed her life for a long time.<style type="text/css">
.omnired b {font-weight:bold; color:#c52f1f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#572613 1px 1px 1px;}
.omnired p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.omnired p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.omnired .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#c52f1f; text-shadow:#572613 1px 1px 1px;}
.omnired p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.omnired {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ad6246; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3uHoP.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:315px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#572613; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread