[J] Follow the Path
[html]

The redheaded man gave a light chuckle at the other's unwillingness to part with the name. Stubborn to a fault, Strel could appreciate this particular trait, despite how maddeningly unhelpful the stranger was being. He was playing coy, oh yes. Perhaps with another leader this would have been a terribly dangerous game to play, but this Dauphin was most amused. He remembered his own coming to this land, having been born south west in the middle of the north Americas. He remembered the look on Jacquez's face when they played their game of courtly bowing and scraping and joking motions. His second in command had been less than thrilled, almost insulted by his manner at the time. But she was not the one laughing now, no. He was laughing, albeit muted. It would not do, laughing at the deceased. Granted, she had earned no respect for her death considering she had launched herself off a cliff to a death on rocky outcroppings and lungs filled of salt water. No, Strel was definitely the one laughing now.

Shaking his head with a sigh, the redheaded Dauphin looked over the four-legged stranger. "Well, since you're rather unwilling to divulge Miss Caspa's name, I'll simply have to settle for yours." Caspa was the only dog he knew of with a description such as the one the stranger had given him. She was also the only one of a white coloration that he knew of, at least in this pack. Who else was white and a dog with a longer pelt? That woman, and she often went about in the world from what he could tell. Easily enough she would have met someone anywhere. Once upon a time, Strel often ventured away from the kingdom. Now, he was more often found here and more easily accessible by the pack mates he helped lead.

"We are a mottled crew, I hope you know. We don't take kindly to murder or rape, but I'm sure few do. You have a place here if you follow those simple rules. If you are fair to your fellows, you are most welcome here." And so the stranger was welcomed to the Court of Miracles, if he still wanted his place here.

<style>
.strel-txt {font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; text-align:justify;}
.strel-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GEuNG.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border: 0px solid #000; padding 0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.strel-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.strel-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 0px 5px 0px 0px;}
.strel-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.strel-txt .line {width:150px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread