'Cause this is just a game.
[html]
Midnight. Sky's gone a little more insane. Sanja's decided it's time to leave d'Arte and Sky seems to agree with him. For my beloved; you know me and my ic decisions. D:

She sat alone on her porch, glaring out at the spot in which they'd found her daughter, maimed, her murderer standing over her, drenched in her blood, in his sin. Blue eyes narrowed at the thought, the bitter memory so fresh in her head. Corruption. Torment.

He'd lied. He'd promised that he could control it, that he'd never hurt anyone innocent. Tameri had been so pure, so young and devoid of any wrongs. He'd lied. They'd lied. They'd all lied.

Why was she still here?

"Why haven't you left this place?" Sanja's voice chimed behind dreary buzzing in her head.

"We've finished our task here. You have your family on the way, Sky. Taliesin raised a murderer. His own son killed the girl he'd taken in as his own daughter, killed his own sister. How can you be sure he won't be the reason our new little ones end up murderers themselves, hmm?"

She'd given up arguing with Sanja. The dark voice had been right too many times for her to question him now. If he'd been right about Liam in the first place, if only she'd listened to his warnings... She'd not make the same mistake again by ignoring him now.

What do you want me to do? She muttered aloud, not caring if anyone heard her speaking seemingly to herself.

"Leave. If Taliesin follows, let him. This will test his loyalty, Sky. Gather Casper and Fella and hitch up Queen. Ride away from here. This place is nothing more than a hot spot for murderers and rapists. You don't need them. They'll figure it out on their own someday. You can't risk your children for the sake of a corrupt pack. Leave. Leave it all behind."

...but this is my home.

"What kind of home is this, where you've outlived three of your children already?"

A growl bubbled up in Sky's throat and she closed her eyes, breathing deeply. He was right; d'Arte had become her personal hell. This was not home anymore. This was a place of corruption. Lies. Murderers. Monsters.

"We'll leave tonight. We'll tell Taliesin where to find us. This place will never claim another of our children ever again. Goodbye, Cercatori d'Arte." Sky rumbled as she stood, hand on her swollen stomach, eyes glaring out at the town, now twisted in her vision into something hellish and deformed, blood soaking the streets. Sanja was right.

Sanja would always be right.

This place was hell.

She slipped inside quietly, almost ghostly silent, and made her way upstairs to the bedroom she shared with the white man. Taliesin. She called out as she entered the dark room, her voice drained of emotion. I'm leaving. I won't lose our children to this place. It's not safe. Come with me, she begged silently. Come with me so that we may be free together. Sanja likes you. Don't make me leave you behind, my sweet.

...will you come with me?

She wasn't even sure if her mate was there or not. It was late, so she assumed he'd have been sleeping. She hoped her voice wasn't falling on thin air, that her beloved was laying in bed, confused with her sudden decision to leave but agreeing with her on the reason for it. She hoped she wouldn't be doing to him what she'd done to Shawchert once.

...she loved him too much to do that again.

<style type="text/css">
.bughuntwin2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#85A2B8;}
.bughuntwin2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.bughuntwin2 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#D2DEEB; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RjakE.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2d586d; padding: 80px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d586d; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread