Always in this twilight...
[html]
Orin Takekuro

:: 800+ ♥ Word Count ::
:: OOC ♥ Feel free to finish our other thread first before replying, if you want. Mars's reaction to my last post in that thread will highly affect how this one starts out. Smile ::

Another puppy had been killed in Cercatori d’Arte. It hadn’t even been a year since Demetrius’s murder and now Sky’s little girl, Tammy, was dead. And this time the pack lost more than just a puppy… This time Sky and Taliesin lost two children. The murderer had been none other than Taliesin’s own son, Liam. Had Orin known anything of their blood line she would have thought it was to be expected of him. It was good that she didn’t. With that much violence in Taliesin’s blood she would have persecuted the man, raised arms and tried to convince Cercatori d’Arte to banish him too or he would do the same ghastly acts that his father and his son had committed. It would only be a matter of time before Lucifer’s son snapped, just like Liam… Luckily, for now, she was blissfully unaware of Taliesin’s parentage.

Orin had been there, as had much of the pack. They had all heard Taliesin’s mournful cry and come to answer like the tight knit family they were. She arrived just moments after the murder, first on the scene after Tammy’s adoptive parents, and she had seen the bits of the little girl scattered on the ground. The blood, the gore, the scraps of meat that had been ripped away from the child’s body during her violent death. She had witnessed the look on Sky’s face when she had seen what the monster had done, she had seen the grief in Taliesin’s eyes as he lost not one, but two children. How could this happen again? Cercatori should have been safe. This never should have happened to Demetrius… never to Tammy…

The woman worked to hold it together in the days following the tragedy. She needed to be strong for Sky’s sake… for her pack’s sake. But she was still unhealed from her own experiences, and the more she tried to harden herself and keep her cool the less she was able to hold it together. For months Orin pretended she was just okay. No one really saw that she wasn’t. How could they have expected her to be okay? Of course, she never told anyone what else had happened to her. Not even Shawchert knew about Lucifer… about what she let him do to protect her puppies. To keep him from finding them…

“Aaaahhhh!!!” She screamed and clutched her hair in her fists, pulling at it as if she would rip it out. Just as the pain came to the breaking point she stopped, letting go and turning her eyes to the azure. She panted, knowing that she needed to calm down. She needed to get a grip. That’s why she had taken a trip away from Cercatori. Sure, Liam was out there somewhere… hopefully not in wait… but she didn’t care. She donned the leather armor that Mars had made for her, saddled the mare Spot, and made a quick stop by the Collins residence.

Skye,

I need to gather winter roses and gems to honor Tameri, I can’t find them in Cercatori. I believe I can locate them in Crimson Dreams. I am taking Spot with me, and I left instructions on how to care for Soraya the Cow tacked to her stable. I will only be gone for a couple days. I need to do this for Tameri, and for Sky.

-Orin

It was an acceptable excuse, she thought. Orin had not been very vociferous about her recent spirituality but no one missed the runes she carved and wore, or had tied around her daughter’s necks until they became old enough to decide for themselves whether they wanted them or not. She wanted to honor the dead and help Tameri’s spirit rest in peace.

…of course, that wasn’t really her only reason for choosing Crimson Dreams.

Now she stood at the borders of the Dreamers’ world. Her thoughts had been too erratic so she dismounted Spot and led her by the reigns hoping the activity would distract her from them. It didn’t. Now she stood, staring hopelessly at the fading evening’s sky. Visions of the killer flashed through her mind… Liam… Argul… Lucifer…

She shuddered, even though Orin was never prone to cold. Her fear and her grief zipped down her spine and left her chilled to the core. How could she ever get away from this. How could she ever get away…

Someone had probably heard her scream but she hoped she had been far enough out that they would know it wasn’t a Dreamer who had cried, and wouldn’t come running. She wished she hadn’t done it at all but she felt like she was losing control of her actions. Her eyes dropped to the ground for a minute, staring blankly at the snow, and then she lifted her head and let out a low howl. It sounded more like a wail than a howl, but hopefully the person she called would hear her… would come.

<style type="text/css">
.orin-nameheartchain-header .ooc {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; }
.orin-nameheartchain-header .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.orin-nameheartchain-header-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#472f59; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:500px;}
.orin-nameheartchain-header {margin:0px auto; width:500px; border:0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}

.orin-heartchain b {font-weight:bold; color:#472f59; }
.orin-heartchain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.orin-heartchain {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Orin_heartChain_top_2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px; padding: 2px 0px 2px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread