too much to ask for
Her concern made him smile lightly, kissing her forehead again. After a moment, he stifled another yawn. "I think I'm fine now, kiddo. Just need more sleep and I'll be right as rain. I promise." As she eyed the other rabbit, he chuckled. "Think it's been a few days since I ate last. I'm stuffed from one." He let his eyes drift closed, embracing sleep casually and with no small amount of exhaustion on his part. He would end up sleeping away most of the healing process.

He only stirred for a moment as Ayasha slipped away from him, his mind drifting in and out of dreams.

Sounds, colors, lights. All these things played in the darkness as another shadow loomed over the male, whispering dark things and painful things. The colors that flashed around were red, yellow, black, gold... and the smell, the smell of blood, of burned flesh. The pain he could feel screaming around him, but not his pain. And the ever present mocking laughter of the butterflies, the ever present dry whispers of their greed, their hate, their rage.

Disconnected.

Disjointed.

A flash of light....

His eyes drifted open, fixing on the cold moon. The chill at his side, the faded scent let him know Ayasha had left. Feeling lonely for a moment, the male let his eyes drift shut again.

Messages In This Thread