Why do you make my heart so warm?
[html]

They are cute together, too bad he's gay.

Word Count → 456

For the first time in months a true laugh exploded from the blind woman as she was lifted into the air, supported only by Light's strength. Hotaru wrapped her arms around him as she relished the contact. Hotaru felt safe around him, she felt happy. "Good to day to you too." Even Fawkes was not unaffected by the mood. The bird let our a happy screech, saying hello in both low and high speech. Around people he liked, Fawkes enjoyed to show off his limited knowledge of high speech.

Once again, Hotaru allowed Light to guide her hands. She couldn't help but giggle a little as Light placed his carving her hand. She traced the carving with her paws, feeling the contortions of the wood and the figure laying in the wood. She could make out the form of a wolf as well as some sort of bird. "I love it. It's beautiful." Hotaru continued to trace the carving even when the promise of lunch was brought up. Her ear's twitched and she smiled. Light was such a kind man, and her own present seemed to pale in comparison to the ones Light had brought.

The present for Fawkes surprised both bird and master. At the sight of the mouse, Fawkes let out a happy cry and jumped onto Lights arm. His wings spread above him for balance and his claws wrapped carefully around the wolfs forearm. Fawkes snatched the dangling mouse in his beak and flew up to a nearby branch to enjoy his snack. Much like his master, it was the first time in a long time that the bird was fully relaxed.

Light's next gift truly did surprise Hotaru. Her sensitive nose was filled with the sweet scent of flowers and moist dirt. The grey wolf permitted Light to pull the carving from her paws. His gentle hands guided hers to the flower petals. The velvety felling of the flower was wonderful, but the touch of Light's large paws was even more so. The large flowers and equally large leaves enthralled Hotaru and she laughed again. "I love it. Thank you so much. And now, it's your turn."

Carefully, Hotaru placed the flower and rabbit on the log. She reached down and grabbed the satchel resting at her feet. "I'm afraid that my gifts are not quite as impressive as yours." Hotaru reached into the bag and pulled out the paper and pencils. She held out the presents to Light and waited for him to take them from her. "You said you like to draw in the dirt or with charcoal, so I thought you might like some paper and pencils too." Hotaru gave a sheepish smile, embarrassment getting the better of her.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread