Why do you make my heart so warm?
Light couldn’t breathe, couldn’t move; every muscle was in a complete stand still. It was all but his heart that beat heavily within his ears. What did she think of him? He thought himself a disgusting creature, weak as well as terrible. It was a thought he sure others would bear of him if they discovered his secret. It was why his words came with such a pause and such a struggle to release. As the silence dragged and shallow seemingly still breath started to quicken Light was relieved to hear her finally speak. From her expression and movement of her ears he was sure to hear the worst. He was speechless when she finished. She was beyond perfect to the hunter in that moment. Her delightful smile settled his wild heartbeat. He put his hand over hers once more as his own smile drew once more. From that moment on he wanted nothing more than to ensure her happiness.

Hotaru, you are beyond any joy I could ever experience already my dear. He brought the tip of his muzzle to her cheek and gave her a light lick. How have your days been? His voice settling back into a softer ease relieved to have told her, relieved she accepted him for his fault. It was then he noticed the carved twig connected to the log. You were wairing, forgive me I tried to come as soon as I could. He ran his fingers over the plain piece. By the looks of it you are getting your skill back. This is very impressive. He had no doubt the female could improve. Some blind wolves he had met in the past had some wonderful gifts that superseded those with sight. Heightened senses a great gift for such a woe to be bestowed upon someone. He would never think of Hotaru as weak and her willingness to accept him made her stronger than he in those moments. He ran his thumb over her hand watching her face with such a curiosity and wonders his mind whirring with hope.

Messages In This Thread